Moist, delicious and made with unprocessed ingredients, these Pumpkin Cookies are a great snack for those who want something sweet and wholesome. The spices go so well with the pumpkin flavour. Almond flour is a healthier alternative to regular wheat flour as it contains protein and healthy oils. These cookies are gluten-free, refined sugar-free and dairy-free if you use coconut oil instead of butter. For sugar-free, use xylitol or stevia. Hope you like them!
Makes 9 large cookies
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons aluminium-free arrowroot powder
- ½ teaspoon aluminium-free bicarbonate soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 free-range egg, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil or butter
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (cooked pumpkin mashed well)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, honey, coconut sugar, xylitol or stevia equivalent
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or powder
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a medium-size bowl, place the almond flour, bicarb soda, spices and sea salt and mix well.
- Add the pumpkin puree, egg, coconut oil, sweetener, and vanilla extract and mix well again. (If it’s very wet mixture, you can place in the freezer to firm up a bit.)
- Scoop round tablespoons of the mixture and place on a baking tray lined with paper.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!